Advanced Couples Therapy Training-Affairs & Experiment
July 20th, 2019 and July 21st, 2019
Venue: Gestalt Therapy Brisbane, Brisbane Australia
Day One: Working Confidently with Infidelity
Day Two: Effective Experiment in Couples Therapy
“Attend one day or come to both!”
These two full day, advanced couples training workshops, will offer you as a therapist expanded knowledge on Infidelity (Day One) and the Use of Experiment (Day Two). The training will solidify existing skills and add new insights into your work with couples. In particular, fine-tuning techniques and interventions in support of your clients and in promoting the best opportunity for relationship repair and healing.
Utilising aspects of Gestalt couples therapy, Emotional Focused Therapy and Behavioural Models, participants will develop specific skills and interventions to enhance their couple’s therapeutic practice. It will, furthermore, support participants in to work effectively with complex couples issues.
To deepen and support learning, the workshop may include live and/or recorded demonstrations of couples’ therapy by the facilitators!
This workshop will benefit you:
- To feel more confident in handling couples therapy sessions, dealing with complex and conflictual couples
- To support your clients to get the most out of their session and to repeat appointments
- To build your reputation and success as a couples therapist
Outcomes Day One: Working Confidently with Infidelity
- Overview of contemporary therapeutic thinking around Infidelity
- Understand key thematic considerations to support meaningful & effective intervention
- Knowledge of staged intervention strategy to support recovery process
- Opportunity to reflect on and avoid common traps
Outcomes Day Two: Effective Experiments in Couples Therapy
- Overview of the concepts and theory of experiments in couples therapy
- Learning the use of effective experiments and when to apply them
- Practical skills development for participants to utilise immediately
- Experiential exercises throughout to assimilate learnings
- Live session with a couple!
This workshop attracts 6 x CPD points for PACFA and AASW (each day of attendance)
Full fee: $430
Early Bird: $395 (before 14th June)
Full Fee: $240
Early Bird: $210 (before 14th June)