Intimacy: A Workshop on Couples Therapy
Dates: May 16th & 17th, 2020
Venue: Coffs Harbour NSW
“Sean is clearly a master of the art/science of couples therapy. A combination of his deep knowledge & experience with a humble openness to the offerings of others made this workshop outstanding” L.C
Sold out the last 3 years!! Book early to secure you place
This 2 day informative, interactive and experiential workshop will offer therapists an understanding of working with an integrated couples therapy model.
It will provide participants with knowledge on the emotionally focused and attachment oriented approaches of EFT weaved through the phenomenological, dialogic and relational aspects of Gestalt couples therapy. Participants will learn more on how effective couples therapy can assimilate somatic, systemic and behavioural interventions to enrich diverse approach to therapy and in working with couples issues.
To deepen and support learning, the workshop will include live demonstrations of couples therapy with a local couple by the facilitator!
This workshop will benefit you:
- To feel more confident in handling couples therapy sessions and dealing with conflictual couples
- To avoid the common traps that therapist fall into in couples therapy, supporting your clients to get the most out of their session
- To build more success in your couples therapy
Workshop Outcomes will include:
- Gain insight into the intersection of neurobiology, attachment theory and couples therapy
- Recognise the differences and similarities of couples and individual therapy
- Understanding on destructive couples cycles and how to support de-escalation and reconnection
- To develop knowledge on EFT and Gestalt couples therapy through exploring couples cycles with a phenomenological awareness and emotional focus
- Look at the use of experiential interventions within couples therapy
- Demonstrated practice and supported application of learnt techniques and interventions
- Assimilating the somatic, systemic and behavioural work of other therapies
- Working with and supporting complex couples’ issues.
Emerging Couple Therapists: If you are new to couples therapy, this training will provide tools and insight into a how to work with an emotional focus and attachment orientation. It will support you in understanding couple conflict cycles and give you the confidence to experience more from your couples therapy.
Experienced Couples Therapists: Experienced couple therapists will find the training solidifies their existing skills and adds new insights into their practice. The training will deepen the knowledge and experience you have, and fine-tune techniques and interventions in support of your clients.
Individual Therapists: Strengthening your understanding of couple cycles and couples therapy will support you, as an individual therapist, in working with presenting relationship issues. This increased awareness and in-depth perception will make you a more complete individual therapist.
Early Bird $360 (until 1st April 2020)
Full Fee: $420 (from 1st April 2020)